Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Heart and Home #1 and #2; It's a Girl Thing


Both of today's card were made using the Stampin' Up! set called "Heart and Home." I always liked the style of these stamps - like a child had drawn them with a color crayon. I did the stamping with Memento ink and the coloring with Copics. I added eyelets to the flowers for the centers. I cut out an extra heart and added it to the sentiment panel, which is mounted on Dimensionals. The matting was actually a scrap I had used to clean off my brayer after using it on an embossing folder.

The last image from the set - the kids. Again I colored with Copics. The sentiment is from another SU! set called "Greetings 4 You."  I matted these pieces with Pacific Point.

In response to a comment from Sue a couple days ago: I got the Darice die (seen here) from Scrap-Mart. They also have them at Consumer Crafts. I'm sure you can find them other places, but these are the ones that I have ordered from. Also, if I have a way of contacting you, I will reply by email. You can email me through my blog, if you are interested.
I don't care for this next set very much, so I'm just going to tack it onto this post! The set is called "It's a Girl Thing." I tried a few things with it, and didn't like what I did, so here is a card, just to say I'm done with it! LOL! After stamping the image stamps in rows, using a Stamp-a-ma-jig to line them up, I misted the entire panel with Glimmer Mist. Then I used Liquid Pearls to add some silver to the images. The sentiment is mounted on foam squares.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Cute cards with those stamps!

bonnie32002 said...

I have to agree with you, the first set is a lot cuter than the second.
Out of the two made with the first set I like the first one best...it just feels so cheery!

Leslie Miller said...

I do love the crayon-drawn look of those stamps! The cards you made with it are just darling and cheerful. I still have It's a Girl Thing and really like it. I've had a lot of fun with it in the past. I actually started working with my next SU! set today, finally, but it will be a while before I finish it.