Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Christmas Window

I took a little while last night and made this card. I was trying to think of a starting point, and thought I'd like to use a die. I really don't have a lot of non-standard shapes, but realized that I got this Spellbinders (at least, I'm pretty sure it's Spellbinders) window die quite a while ago and hadn't used it yet. Now I have:)

Then I had to figure out what to put on the outside to look out at. I decided this pine tree from Stampin' Up!'s "Lovely as a Tree" would work nicely. I inked it up with Old Olive ink, added some brown on the trunk with a marker (which you can't see) and then "thumped" on some darker green with a marker. Then I sponged it with some very light blue ink. I trimmed it down and glued it behind the window. I thought this striped paper from a very old SU matstack would work, looking rather like wallpaper. The sentiment is from My Favorite Things. I used Sahara Sand ink to stamp it. 

I'll link it up to the Christmas Card Challenge blog. This week's challenge is "Anything Goes." (Just found out I was a top three from last week!)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Very pretty, I love that window!

Shirley-Anne said...

Beautiful die cut window and love that paper .Thanks for sharing lovely card with us at Christmas Card Challenges

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I love cards made with a window scene. Love looking out the window and seeing that beautiful tree. Great choice of dp for the wall paper.

Unknown said...

So sweet! Congrats on all your recent winnings...you deserve each one! I went to Crafts Direct this past weekend, but didn't buy any stamping stuff...I'm trying to be a "Lynette-wannabe" by using what I already have!

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautiful die and an absolutely lovely idea for how to use it! Makes a gorgeous Christmas card. Congrats on your well-deserved Top Three recognition! I still haven't used a single thing from last Wednesday's shopping trip. Sheesh!