Saturday, September 19, 2015

Happy 2nd Birthday, Wyatt!

Today is our grandson Wyatt's second birthday. My husband, Jim, and I spent about three hours this morning and made him this card. The ideas mostly came from Jim:) We were very happy with how it ended up.

One of Wyatt's favorite things is "flying" with Grandpa. He just loves to have Grandpa carry him around in a Superman pose and have Grandpa say, "It's a bird, it's a plane, no it's Super-Wy!"

The pictures are clip art we found on-line and we just printed the front panel on the computer and matted on blue cardstock.

And here is the inside. We found the picture of Superman, printed it out, and carefully cut it out. I added a little bit of black around the edge with a Copic marker. We found a picture of Wyatt and added his head to Superman's picture. I stamped Versamark over the entire Superman image and embossed with clear embossing powder. It gave the image more depth and just plain made it look cooler! I used two strips of scrap cardstock, scored lines every quarter inch, and made the "pop-out" pieces to mount Superman on. He really comes out a long way! We found the word "Superman" and then added the "Wy" over it. Like I said, we were pleased with the end result.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Lynette, was a "super" card for a "Super" little boy from some pretty "super" grandparents!! Happy Birthday Wyatt!

Unknown said...

OMG! This is so cute! You and your husband did an awesome job creating such a wonderful card!

Unknown said...

OMG! This is so cute! You and your husband did an awesome job creating such a wonderful card!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, Lynette! This is the cutest birthday card EVER! I mean, it's extra, extra special for Wyatt, but just plain cute in general. I laughed and exclaimed out loud a couple of times while I was reading your post. I just can't get over how cute it is. Very cool that you embossed Super-Wy and popped him up. He looks like he's flying out of the card! Wyatt must have just LOVED it!