Saturday, March 5, 2016

Wonderful Words Thank You

One more card using the Stampin' Up! set called "Wonderful Words." This makes three of the four stamps that I have used. The fourth says "friendship" but I just don't think I would use that card, so I don't plan on using it.

I tried something different on this card, but an artist I am not! I used a piece of watercolor paper and wet it thoroughly. I smooshed three colors (an ivory, a blue and a purple) of distress ink onto my craft mat and used a brush to add them to the watercolor paper. It's not the best background, but it's acceptable. The flower stamp is from an Inkadinkado set. I colored it with Copic markers. I matted the image panel with black and added it to an ivory card base. This completes my use of the two smallest sizes of Stampin' Up! sets - on to the next size!

Edited to add: Sandy - I am just about half done with my project. It's been a long one so far! I really am committed to finish it, though, no matter how long it takes. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Lynette, your background really gives depth to this card. I have some watercolor paper I purchased for a project I never got to. I may just have to try this.
Are you more than half-way through your quest to older Stampin' Up sets?

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Your background is so soft and pretty! I think it looks great with the flower that you used. I keep telling myself I'm going to use all of my stamps or all of my dies.............not working out so well here. Good for you!

Harriet Skelly said...

This is so lovely - that background is really beautiful.

Bea said...

The background is beautiful. Just love this card.

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful flower stamp and nice job on the WC background. I haven't done much of that because I'm too stingy with the WC paper, tee hee. Still love my Wonderful Words, too!