Saturday, July 9, 2016

Subtle Sympathy

I got this branch stamp by Rubbernecker from my friend, Kris, at our Group Gathering in Des Moines last month. Here is how this card "came to be."

The stamp was sitting on my table, waiting to be used. The card base was also sitting on my table. It had "THANK YOU" stamped on it. Time to use them! I want to make use of my Stitched Rectangle dies, so I cut a piece of ivory (to match the card base) with the largest one. That was big enough to cover the previously-stamped sentiment. OK. How could I use this branch? Well, on a sponged background, of course:) So, I cut an oval out of a piece of scratch paper. I used distress ink to sponge around the inside of the oval. Then I left the mask on and stamped the branch three times. I couldn't have had them line up this well if I had tried - really hard! The first time I stamped was the image on the right. The second time I stamped was the center branch. It didn't reach the bottom, but I would figure out what to do about that soon. The third time I randomly stamped the branch, it lined up perfectly over the center one. How awesome was that! I finshed the card by stamping with a darker brown (my favorite, Soft Suede) using a stamp from Kaisercraft. And that is the story of this card!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

You really made a beautiful card with that design!!!! Great way to cover up the thank you!

Sheri said...

Beautiful card, Lynette

Leslie Miller said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Lynette! The sponged oval and the soft branch are so very soothing for a sympathy card. You stuck to it and it all turned out so perfect!

Unknown said...

I love reading great stories! Thanks for sharing a "best seller!"

bonnie32002 said...

So soft and pretty!