Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Happy (Belated) Anniversary, Lucy and David!

Oops - my friend Lucy's anniversary was last Saturday. I forgot to get her card made! It went out on Saturday, so it shouldn't be TOO late. I hope you had a great day, Lucy!

I used a technique I saw in a Gina K email. She called it "Emerging Corners." I never did end up watching the video, but it appeared to me that you take a large background stamp and just ink up a corner. So, I tried that on this card. I like the way it turned out, and I'll have to try to remember to try that again! I used a Stampin' Up! background stamp. I used distress ink. I matted with SU! Rich Razzleberry. (I'm sure just about everything SU! that I have is retired, except maybe some of my ink pads.) The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. I matted it with a piece cut with a Spellbinders die. I had a couple thin pieces of Razzleberry left from trimming down the matting layer, so I added them under the sentiment. The sentiment panel is mounted on Pop Dots.


I had taken this SU! background stamp out, also, as a possibility for this technique. After I had made the first card, I decided to try this stamp and make another. I added a strip along the edge. The sentiment is from SU! too.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I love how that lacy background looks stamped in Rich Razzleberry. That's one background I never had. The corner idea is great. Also love the blue and the BG stamp on your second card. Never had that one, either. Sheesh, thought I had most of the older ones. I was so nuts about background stamps before I had designer paper. And they still make it so easy to have the perfect color every time. I do especially like the plaid. The edge strip is a nice finish.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I'm so glad I'm catching up on your posts! This is just lovely! It is such a pretty stamp to do that technique with. I need to give this a try!