Thursday, August 17, 2017

Happy Anniversary, Kris! (And My Stamping Room)


This is the card I made for stamping group friend, Kris. Happy Anniversary to you and Ron! I made the second card first, but decided, even though I liked it, that it needed "a little bit more." So I made this top one.

The flower stamp and die are from a Hero Arts/Sizzix set that I've had for quite a while. I colored it with markers, spritzed with water, and stamped on ivory cardstock. I mounted them on foam squares. The sentiment is an old one from PSX, stamped on the same ivory cardstock. I matted with a matching purple. The card base is ivory, also, with a layer of kids watercolor cardstock on the bottom. to the left is the one without the purple matting. Just a bit too plain.

My stamping room is done!!! We went out of town overnight Tuesday night and came back Wednesday, but I still finished putting it back together late Wednesday afternoon. I'm so excited about it! :) I have posts scheduled already for the next few days, but soon I will push them back a day and show you pictures of my completed room. I love it! There are some things that I need to "purge" but for now I just put everything back. I was going to reorganize, but I liked it the way it was.

Edited to add: The Sizzix/Hero Arts set that I used for the flowers is called "Frames with Sprigs." Here is a link to it on eBay in case you want to see what the set looks like.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Catherine Kraft said...

Love, love, love your beautiful, elegant card. Do you happen to have the name of this stamp/die set? This is a perfect stamp for a project I'm wanting to do and I've been looking on-line and can't seem to find it. Thanks ~~

Leslie Miller said...

So very pretty, Lynette! I actually love it both ways -- with and without the purple matting. Been back and forth between the two and can't say which I prefer, but definitely love them both. It's a beautifully scripted sentiment and the ivory makes everything more gentle. I can't wait to see pics of your room. Just a change of paint color makes everything seem brand new!