Tuesday, August 15, 2017

My Stamping Room

We've only lived in this house for four and a half years, and we painted my stamping room right away. I do like the color, but with the teak furniture (old dining room table and old hutch bottom), everything was too much the same color. (I used a flash for this picture, and the room looks more rose-colored than it actually is.) So, I bit the bullet and moved everything out on Sunday so that I could paint it! This is what things looked like while I was waiting for Jim to help me move out the big furniture.
This is what our family room looks like! How did all of that stuff actually fit into my room - and how will I get it back in?!? :)



Ready for painting! I'm anxious for it to be done. I'm sure it will need two coats. Hopefully it will go back together as quickly as it got emptied, but I don't really think that's possible:)

I had this ready to post, but we actually got it painted yesterday, too! First we did have to remove the table and the desk with the computer. I was hoping to not have to move them, but it was fine. Here are a couple pictures of it painted. And it actually was done well with only one coat of paint!


Now today I will remove the tape, replace the outlet covers, etc., vacuum and start moving stuff back in. I'm so excited ... and amazed that it went so quickly!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Chrissy said...

Ooo..loving the new green, what a neat colour Lynn, and what a great room..wish I could watch you get all this stuff back in..lol..

Luv CHRISSYxx

bonnie32002 said...

I want to see you put everything back too lol! Time lapse??? You have a gorgeous space to work in!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, that's quite the undertaking! I love the rich green which is a great contrast with the wood. Very warm and inviting. I couldn't imagine taking all my stuff out when I redid my room so we worked around it. Only took out a few things. What a job! Maybe this is a good time to purge? I really hope you'll show photos after it's all back together. I LOVE stamp room photos!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I envy your space! How nice to have such a wonderful room for crafting! I love the color of green you chose!

Unknown said...

Love the green! Please post "after" pictures of the room when everything goes back in! I am jealous!

Darnell said...

Oh, yes, much better, Lynette! I love that shade of green! (Love the family room, too. I'm pretty sure that's the color of our bedroom!) I hope you had time to look at things before you had to put them back. It's always fun to find things you haven't seen in four and a half years, lol!! Hugs, Darnell (You'll have to show us a photo of it all put back together!)